The Weekly Newspaper of Inglewood
Herald Publications - El Segundo, Hawthorne, Lawndale & Inglewood Community Newspapers Since 1911 - (310) 322-1830 - Vol. 70, No. 30 - July 29, 2021
Girls Inc. in partnership with the Los Angeles Rams and The Glass Slipper Foundation LA brought arts and crafts to Inglewood at Grevillea Art Park with a safe and fun filled vibe. Girls Inc. focuses on the development of the whole girl. A combination of long-lasting mentoring
relationships, a pro-girl environment and research-based programming that equips girls to lead fulfilling and productive lives, break the cycle of poverty, and become role models in their community. Photo courtesy City of Inglewood.
Girls Inc. Inspires All Girls to Be
Strong, Smart, and Bold
Grilling marinated beef cubes over medium heat results
in these tender evenly cooked morsels we all love.
Send us a photo and recipe of your favorite dish. We’d love to share it with the community.
Send to: email@example.com
• 1 envelope (1 ounce) dry onion recipe soup & dip mix
• 1 cup Swanson® Beef Broth or 50% Less Sodium
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or small clove garlic,
• 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak or boneless beef
top round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 medium green pepper or red peppers, cut into 1-inch
pieces (about 2 cups)
Herbed Beef Kabobs
Provided by Campbell Soup Company
• Step 1: Stir the soup mix, broth, oil, thyme, black pepper and garlic powder in a shallow nonmetallic
dish or gallon size resealable plastic bag. Add the beef and stir to coat. Cover the dish or seal
the bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Step 2: Remove the beef from the marinade. Thread the beef and peppers alternately onto 4 skewers.
• Step 3: Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the kabobs for 20 minutes for
medium or to desired doneness, turning and brushing often with the marinade. Discard the