The Weekly Newspaper of Inglewood
Herald Publications - El Segundo, Hawthorne, Lawndale & Inglewood Community Newspapers Since 1911 - (310) 322-1830 - Vol. 69, No. 25 - June 18, 2020
The Late Kobe Bryant is Honored for
His Service to the Community
Kobe Bryant is this year’s recipient of the Los Angeles Area Emmy Governors Award in honor of his philanthropy, community building and inspiration that extended beyond the basketball court. Photo courtesy Los Angeles Lakers.
Swanson® Broth does double duty in this recipe. It replaces the oil for a light take
on a fresh summer pesto and it gives the farro a boost of flavor while it simmers.
Make the pesto ahead of time and toss with farro and veggies just before serving.
Send us a photo and recipe of your favorite dish. We’d love to share it with the community. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2 1/3 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth
• 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
• 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
• 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
• 1 cup uncooked farro
• 1 small zucchini (about 6 ounces), chopped
(about 1 cup)
• 1 cup fresh whole kernel corn
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
Zucchini Farro Salad with
Provided by Brandpoint
Prep Time 25 Minutes • Total Time 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Serves 6 People
• Step 1: Add 1/3 cup broth, the basil, parsley, pine nuts, cheese and lemon zest in a blender. Cover and blend until the
mixture is smooth.
• Step 2: Heat the farro and remaining broth in a 2 1/2-quart saucepan and heat over high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat
to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the farro is tender and the broth is absorbed. Remove the farro to a large
bowl and let cool for 30 minutes.
• Step 3: Add the zucchini, corn and onion to the farro. Add the broth mixture , lemon juice and salt and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with additional thinly sliced fresh basil, if desired.
• For a nut-free version, omit the pine nuts.