The Weekly Newspaper of Inglewood
Herald Publications - El Segundo, Hawthorne, Lawndale & Inglewood Community Newspapers Since 1911 - (310) 322-1830 - Vol. 68, No. 37 - September 12, 2019
A Special Two-Wheel Surprise
Last weekend’s 6th Annual Picnic and Chili Cook-Off hosted by Councilman Alex Padilla (second from right) was another example of how people truly give in this community. The three ladies in the back left witnessed that the little girl who hoped to get her ticket called for
the bike raffle was unsuccessful in her endeavor. This hurt her little heart when the ladies won the bike. She bowed her head and accepted her defeat. Little did she know that they would surprise her and gift her the bike! When she realized that she was getting the bike,
she broke down crying. When asked, the young ladies -- Amaya and Kennedy Williams -- said they “felt bad for her and wanted to give it to her to make her happy.” Photo: City of Inglewood
• 6 slices Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse™ Hearty White Bread, cut
• 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Bacon
Soup or Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
• 1 cup milk
• 4 egg
• 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese or Gouda cheese (about 4 ounces)
• 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Provided by Campbell Soup Company
Our recipe for Overnight Breakfast Casserole with bread, bacon and eggs is so easy
you can pull it together in just 10 minutes. Let it sit overnight in the fridge so the
bread soaks up all of the great flavor. Then all you need to do it bake it in the morning.
It’s a great dish for entertaining since all of the work is done ahead of time.
• Step 1: Place the bread cubes and half the bacon into a lightly greased 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
• Step 2: Beat the soup, milk, eggs and 3/4 cup cheese in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the
milk mixture over the bread and bacon. Stir and press the bread cubes into the milk mixture to coat.
Top with the remaining bacon, cheese and the tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
• Step 3: Heat the oven to 400°F. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center
comes out clean.
• If you prefer a more custard-like texture, reduce the chill time to 1 hour before baking.
Send us a photo and recipe of your favorite dish. We’d love to share it with the community. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org